“The best one day adventure trip around.”
After 15 years of hiking, biking, climbing and canoeing around Prague we discovered this is the best one day adventure around. Haven’t you ever experienced going down a river on a Canadian-style canoe? We guarantee you will enjoy! Leave the city behind and let yourself capture by a deep gorge that Sazava carved just outside the capital. The gorge is full of not just incredibly dense forests and dramatic rocks but also little cabins that locals built in late 20th century during the communist era.
- Experience unique Czech Republic family activity
- Absolutely breathtaking lush green gorge with easy rapids
- Become the only not-Czech speaking person on the river
- Charming communist-era cabins perched on rocks
- Tour tailored for canoeing first-timers
- Convenience of hotel pick up and drop off
- Really small group (max 8) ensures personal attention of guide
- Great adventure and experience for couples and families
The guide will give you detailed instructions at the beginning of the trip and you will have enough time to try steering the boat on a flat water before we start. And of course your guide will be there for you any time you need assistance, though it is unlikely you will need his help after first few strokes of your paddle. Going down the river takes about 4 – 5 hours including few little breaks to breathe humid fresh air and of course we will stop for a small lunch en route.
An added bonus of this trip is the way you get to the very starting point – by a local train line that cuts through a rocky terrain with some outstanding stone-made viaducts along the way.If you don’t have head for heights, you should better don’t lean out of the window!
You need no special gear for this trip. In case of very low temperature and rainy weather we recommend use of wetsuit that we get for you upon request.
- Total time needed (hotel to hotel): 7 – 8 hrs
- Canoe rental incl. paddle, life jacket and waterproof bag
- Lunch & beer
- Train ticket
- Hotel pick up & drop off
Schedule & pricing
- Group (scheduled) tour price: 76 EUR/person
- Group (scheduled) tours run every Monday, Thursday and Saturday; April to October
- Group (scheduled) tours pick-up time 8:30 AM
- Private tours run daily
|Private group size||Price per person|
|2 – 3||125 EUR|
|4 – 5||100 EUR|
|6 – 7||90 EUR|
|8 – 9||76 EUR|
|10 – 12||68 EUR|
|13 – 16||64 EUR|
For group sizes larger than indicated, please ask us for a tailor-made quotation.
Lorraine Coventry, United Kingdom, September 2017
“The canoe safari is very different from any other sight seeing activity we have been on previously. Our guide Martin was superb from start to finish. We were picked up from our hotel and driven to a very rural train station before boarding the train for a short journey to the river location. Martin explained everything we needed to know before we climbed into our canoe for a 15min practice session in calm water. Then we were off!!!
We had never been in a canoe before so can honestly say that if we can do it anybody can!!! The sights along the river are amazing and the surroundings quiet and peaceful. Martin took us for a lovely lunch at the end of the activity before dropping us back at our hotel. I highly recommend the canoe safari and the services of Martin in particular who made this a very special trip.”